Mitsubishi A6M5 Zero Fighter - Real Sound Action Set model kit 1/32Tamiya
The masterfully designed model of the A6M5 Zero shipboard fighter, with all its intricate detail and moveable parts has now been taken to the next level. Tamiya is proud to release a model of the Mitsubishi A6M5 shipboard fighter that features realistic lights replicated with light emitting diodes, as well as propeller rotation coupled with synchronized engine sound.
A special control mechanism in the display stand enables simultaneous propeller rotation and engine sound to heighten the sense of realism. The propeller rotation and engine sound synchronization was recreated by referring to actual Zero fighter manuals.
Flicking switch to "ON" position will engage sound of inertia starter rotation and connection, followed by idling sound, followed by warm-up running sound of engine, and finally full-go sound. This change of sound process has been precisely integrated with change in propeller speed. Turning switch off will cause engine sound to slowly wind down before stopping. Engine idling and warm-up running sounds may be continued.
Sound recorded from actual Sakae 21 engine of a live Zero Fighter currently on display at the Planes of Fame Aviation Museum located outside Los Angeles California.
- 1/32 scale, fuselage length: 285mm, wingspan: 344mm. Display stand size: 285mmx285mmx40mm.
- Sound of real Sakae 21 Engine digitally recorded.
- Control mechanism and speaker box housed in display stand enable replication of start-up process of engine- from initial running to finish. Simultaneous propeller rotation and engagement of lights are also possible.
- Mini-motor encased in engine powers propeller rotation to synchronize with each phase of engine start-up.
- LED and optical fiber used to replicate tail, wing and fuselage lights. Model lights up in a total of 9 different places.
- Unpainted canopy parts come with pre-painted window frame parts.
- Kit requires four "C" batteries (sold separately).