WWII German Urban Armour Sturmpanzer Ausf.I als Brummbär Tank Model 1/35DML Dragon
Kit# 6819 ON SALE!!! List Price 84.00 USD
The Sturmpanzer was a development of the Panzer IV tank designed to provide a vehicle offering direct infantry fire support, especially in urban areas. It used a Panzer IV chassis with the upper hull and turret replaced by a new casemate-style armored superstructure housing a new gun, the 15 centimetres (5.9 in) Sturmhaubitze (StuH) 43 L/12 developed by Skoda. It fired the same shells as the 15 cm sIG 33 heavy infantry gun. Thirty-eight rounds, with separate propellant cartridges, could be carried. It used the Sfl.Zf. 1a sight. The combined weight of the shell and cartridge (38 kilograms (84 lb) for an HE shell and 8 kilograms (18 lb) for a propellant cartridge) made the work of the loader arduous, especially if the gun was elevated to a high angle.
- Highly detailed plastic pieces molded in gray.
- Finely detailed turret.
- One-piece lower hull made form slide molds.
- Add-on armor plates reproduced by photo-etched parts.
- Turret side-hatch rain guards made from photo-etched parts.
- Bolts and rivets are accurately represented.
- Highly detailed hatches on engine deck.
- Seats for commander, loader and gunner included.
- Hatches can be assembled open/closed.
- Commander's hatches can be assembled open/closed.
- Injection-molded fenders made to thinnest possible dimensions.
- Realistic suspension with multiple components actually work like the real vehicles.
- Turret turntable unit included.
- Turret turntable with accurate floor pattern.
- Separate parts for armored suspension covers.
- Newly produced one-piece DS tracks.
- Extendable jack with separate parts.
- Headlight with clear lens inside.
- Muffler made from multiple parts for greater detail.
- Detailed on-vehicle tools with clasps are injection molded.
- Additional on-vehicle tools without clasps.
- Waterslide decals.
- Illustrated instructions.