WWII USAF P-51B Mustang 'Blue Nose' D-Day Fighter model kit 1/48Academy
Kit# 12303 ON SALE!! LIST PRICE: 55.00 USD
First Merlin-powered Mustang, the P-51B.
The kit is molded in gray styrene with a single tree of clear parts.
- Nicely detailed cockpit
- Positionable radiator exhaust flap
- Choice of Packard Merlin exhaust stacks
- Choice of 'standard' canopy or Malcolm hood (Malcolm hood is positionable, the standard canopy can only be posed closed)
- Optional drop tanks
- Flight control surfaces are all molded in the neutral position
Markings are provided for one aircraft:
- P-51B, 43-6500, 486 FS/352 FG/8 AF, RAF Bodney, UK, June 1944
The decals provide the national markings, D-Day stripes, distinctive and personal markings, and a nice set of maintenance stencils.