Focke-Wulf Fw190 D-9 JV44 aircraft Model Kit 1/72Tamiya
Despite increasing shortages of materials near the end of the war, the Luftwaffe still fielded excellent aircraft such as the Me262 jet fighter. However, the Me262 was vulnerable to attack during take-offs and landings, so special defense units of regular fighters were formed to provide protection for them. These units were manned by some of the Luftwaffe's surviving elite pilots and were equipped with the Fw190 D-9. This variant featured a new liquid-cooled engine that made it a match for the latest Allied fighters. One of the most well-known units flying the D-9 was JV44, which used aircraft with a distinctive red and white striped undersurface for identification purposes.
- High-quality 1/72 scale assembly kit of the Focke-Wulf Fw190 D-9.
- Sleek long-nosed form of the formidable fighter accurately reproduced.
- For the first time in a 1/72 War Bird Collection model, a pilot figure is included.
- Large decals included to depict the distinctive underbody stripe markings of the JV44 aircraft.
- Modelers can choose to recreate one of two aircraft from JV44, Red 1 or Red 3.