USAAF B-29A "Enola Gay or Bockscar bomber aircraft model kit 1/72Academy
Among the features and options in each kit:
- Nicely detailed flight deck and bombardier's station
- Nicely detailed rear compartment (though you can't really see this after assembly)
- Nice bomb bays with interconnecting crew pressure tunnel
- Positionable landing flaps
- Positionable bomb bay doors
- Positionable landing gear
- Choice of cuffed or uncuffed propellers (the two subjects in this kit used cuffed propellers)
- Choice of Little Boy (Enola Gay/Hiroshima) or Fat Man (Bockscar/Nagasaki) weapons
The kit provides markings for the following aircraft:
- B-29-45-MO, 44-86292, 509 OG, Tinian AB, 1945, 'Enola Gay'
- B-29-35-MO, 44-27297, 509 OG, Tinian AB, 1945, 'Bockscar'
The Academy B-29 is regarded as the best B-29 produced in 1/72 scale and it is also a straightforward build.