Star Trek U.S.S. Excelsior NX-2000 + NCC 2000 PARTS Model Kit 1/1000AMT
One of Star Trek modelers’ favorite ships flies back to the market with this release of the U.S.S. Excelsior from AMT! The ship was touted as the “next best thing” to replace the fabled U.S.S. Enterprise 1701-A in Star Trek III: the Search For Spock, but it was later commanded by Enterprise helmsman Hikaru Sulu in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. Unlike the previous release of the kit this edition features newly tooled parts that more accurately portray the ship and includes options to build either the NX-2000 version or the NCC-2000 version. The kit comes with a dome base, standard marking decals and pictorial assembly instructions.
- New secondary hull that's proportionally accurate
- Improved secondary hull weapons detail
- Researched and accurized secondary hull inner "gut" detail
- New upper primary hull with improved details
- Two different sets of parts for NX-2000 and NCC-2000 which includes different main bridge domes, hangar bays, and impulse deflection crystals
- Impulse deflection crystals are now clear parts