Martin Mariner PBM-5A Floatplane model kit 1/72Minicraft
The Martin PBM Mariner was a flying boat patrol bomber that entered service with the US Navy before World War 2. The design evolved as operational experience was gained with the aircraft and over 1,300 were produced between 1937 and 1949. The PBM-5A was an amphibious version of the aircraft with retractable landing gear with 40 examples that were placed in service. The type was powered by a pair of Pratt & Whitney R-2800 engines producing 2,100 horsepower each. The aircraft could carry up to 4,000 pounds of bombs or depth charges, or two torpedoes.
- Highly detailed plastic pieces molded in light grey and clear.
- Recessed panel lines.
- Very detailed flight deck with pilot, copilot, flight engineer, radio operator and radar operator stations plus observer
- Positionable (movable) flaps
- Positionable (movable) ailerons
- Positionable (movable) elevators
- Positionable (movable) rudders
- Positionable landing gear
- Positionable weapons bay doors
- Beautifully detailed weapons bays
- Positionable (movable) detailed turrets
- Choice of dorsal radome or DF football
- Choice of three-bladed or four-bladed propellers
- Choice of open or closed cowl flaps
- 2 building options.
- One decal sheet with markings for 2 versions
- 1) US Navy PBM-5A, BuNo 59849, ca. 1945
- 2) US Navy PBM-5A, Buno 59349, ca. 1947